Register 2 months in advance and save $1,000.
- Value Drivers
- Integration Complete
- Early Wins Exercise
- Team Planning Breakout
- Client Support
Exercise 1: Value Drivers
- Break out into groups by function
- Spend a few moments reviewing the integration priorities for your function and the value drivers for the deal
As a group, discuss and record input regarding the following questions:
- Is the emerging direction logical? What are key barriers and/or enablers of success?
- What is our function’s’ role in helping achieve each value driver?
- What actions can we take to put our people in the best position to execute the integration seamlessly and efficiently?
- Pick a spokesperson and prepare to debrief
Exercise 2: Integration Complete
- Define the 5 to 10 key items that will define the finish line for integration
- Items should complete the sentence, “We can consider the integration finished when...”
- Items should be as clearly measurable as possible and leave little room for interpretation (e.g., “when we are operating seamlessly” is not a good example of integration complete).
Exercise 2: Integration Complete Example
Integration will be complete when we have …
- Transitioned our back office financial systems from two platforms to a single, live SAP platform
- Rationalized all sales offices in overlapping regions and terminated ties to legacy real estate
- Defined, communicated, and implemented the new organizational structure such that everyone understands their new reporting relationship and role
- Transitioned all product manufacturing to one of our two “centers of excellence” and closed all legacy sites
- Standardized on a single sales operation platform such that all customer data for the combined customer base is accessible to all sales support reps ...