Register 2 months in advance and save $1,000.
Guiding Principles: Preparation
- Follow a balanced, robust “due diligence” process that examines financial, legal, operational, organizational, and cultural issues.
- Use the deal drivers/targets as decision filters.
- Start detailed integration planning during due diligence.
- Be ready to roll on Day 1.
- Translate M&A value drivers into metrics.
Guiding Principles: People
- Hold senior management team responsible for the success of the deal.
- Involve HR early in the process.
- Communicate decisions about structure, layoffs, and initial integration as soon as possible.
- Provide frequent, positive, and frank communication at all stages of the integration, and to all levels of employees.
Guiding Principles: Execution
- Implement a formal integration methodology (processes, tools, and templates).
- Emphasize strong program management and governance.
- Place heavy emphasis on knowledge capture/sharing.
- Establish IMO.
- Document activities/lessons learned.
- Use common nomenclature and processes.
Guiding Principles Example
- Integration work must support delivery of synergy plan and align with business goals.
- We must understand, protect and preserve the value drivers that makes this deal work.
- We need to mitigate any disruptions to normal course of business.
- We will assess, understand and collaborate where needed but Company A owns decision rights on all matters.
- We will look for opportunities to "upgrade" in all aspects of the business (including people).
- We will operate with a "bias for urgency" on all integration work.
- We will ensure people, culture and communications are an integral part of our ongoing integration planning and execution.
- We will view all integration projects as an opportunity to transform our business and lay the foundation for a strong future ...