Agenda of Presentation
- Integration Planning Lessons Learned
- Commissioning of Projects in Advance of Close
- Team Structure
- Project/Resource Prioritization
Integration Planning Lessons Learned
- Teams typically need to be reorganized around emerging cross-functional, process-based initiatives (projects) and often extended to include all functions that impact a particular area
- Align sponsorship of teams with the emerging organization wherever possible
Manage to milestones supported by detail
- Don’t waste time trying to manage a globally integrated, comprehensive MS Project™ plan
- Use disciplined project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project™) at the major initiative level or integration project level
- Centrally manage across teams to milestones and key measures
- Facilitate joint team meetings to identify and address dependencies
- Ensure tight coordination between transitions and customer support organizations
- Clearly identify ultimate owners as the organization evolves
Allow for Flexibility
- Teams will need to have varying levels of project management discipline depending on the nature of the integration projects in their areas
Commissioning Projects in Advance of Close
- Commissioning work in advance of close to prepare for integration (staging work) can be coordinated between firms.
- Decisions to invest in staging work are made independently by the existing organizations, recognizing that they are still separate companies.
- The IMO should be made aware of all staging work being undertaken for purposes of coordination with integration planning efforts...