The cultural differences between the Acquirer and Acquired Company are identified.
- How You Described Yourself
- Cultural Traits
- Human Resources and Information Technology
- Acquired Company
- Assessment Summary
Except from Presentation:
- Formal: Acquired Co. using incentive pay (bonuses) much more broadly and deeply than Acquirer.
- Informal: Both organizations expect managers to address performance on an on- going, as-needed basis.
- Acquirer’s preferred communication style is less structured; picking up the phone is typical in lieu of meeting in-person.
- The companies’ attitudes are quite similar. They are careful - willing to spend when a return is demonstrated or on safety.
- At both companies, people felt they had work/life balance.
- If they were out of balance, it was their choice or an unusual spike in the business ...
Cultural Differences in Mergers & Acquisitions
How You Described Yourself
Human Resources and Information Technology
Positive Messages and Messages to Avoid