Organizational Culture Checklist covers questions for:
Customers / Community
- Is the current owner the founder of the business?
- If yes, when was the business founded?
- If no, how long has the current owner had the business?
- What role does the current owner play in the business? (hands-on day-to-day involvement, focus on strategic plans rather than tactical operations, financial involvement only)
- Is the company owned by more than one person?
- If yes, who are the partners and what is their ownership percentage?
- If there’s more than one owner, what are the roles and responsibilities of each owner?
- How has the founder/owner/partner shaped the culture of the business?
- What was the vision for the business?
- What were the core values for the business?
- What personality elements of the owner are currently reflected in the way the business is being run?
- What style does the owner use to manage the business? (command and control, shared authority and decision-making, delegates heavily)
- What communication style has the owner used to communicate with the staff? (closed and secretive, information shared on a need-to-know basis, open and collaborative)
- Why is the owner selling the business? (lack of capital, loss of interest, no succession plan, illness, other?)
- What are the defining characteristics of this business? (What’s distinctive? What differentiates it from other businesses and from the competition? Are these defining characteristics linked to the founder/owner/partners?) ...
Organizational Culture Checklist