Post Merger Integration Management Prediction
- It will become crazy busy.
- There will be a high volume of planned activity.
- And a very high volume of non-planned activity.
“In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.” - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Objective of Presentation
Defined process for efficiently and effectively:
- Determining status of integration projects
- Communicating status to/with senior leadership
- Weekly project review of integration projects with a standard format for status reporting
- Weekly program review with senior leadership to share status, objectives, issues and risks, to seek help as needed, and to receive executive guidance
- No Surprises
Integration Management Office Guidance
1. This is the beginning of a discussion:
- Format should be tailored to what works for you
- Format and process will evolve
2. No surprises:
- Honest status - the good, the bad and the ugly
- IMO should never hear about a project issue from someone else before he hears it from you
- Cover what you need to cover - the right content at the right level of detail
- Cover only what needs to be covered.
- No busy work - for you or your PMs; leverage what you already have.
5. Commitment to a repeatable process:
- Something that becomes almost automatic. It becomes part of the flow of your week...
Template - Project Name
Example Weekly Deck Starts Here . . .
Program Management Example
Day 1 Objectives
ERP Financial Close Calendar Alignment
Template - Project Name (2)