Register 2 months in advance and save $1,000.
- General Communication Best Practices
- Answering Best Practices
- Listening Best Practices
- Questioning Best Practices
- Pitfalls to Avoid
Merger Communication Best Practices:
- Manage expectations.
- Articulate the compelling business rationale.
- Be honest and candid.
- Create opportunities for two-way communication.
- Look for several different ways to get your point across.
- Explain the reasons for the changes.
- Ask questions.
- Seek feedback and listen.
- Prepare yourself for all types of feedback.
- Tell the “why” before the “how” or the “what.”
- Remember to capture employee feedback, questions, and concerns.
- Speak to the facts.
- Actively enlist support.
- Follow up on employee feedback and questions.
- Keep people focused and future-oriented.
- Communicate “early wins.”
- Keep everyone updated.
- Explain that leadership is needed at all levels...