Price Pritchett, Ph.D, is founder and CEO of PRITCHETT, LP, a Dallas-based consulting firm recognized internationally for its expertise in M&A integration, leadership assessments, and organizational change.
After founding the company in 1974, Dr. Pritchett soon focused his firm’s work on a novel, unexplored field: merger integration strategy. It may be hard to imagine today, but back then this was a brand-new practice area for consulting. Price Pritchett was the pioneer, the very first person in the United States to specialize in this key aspect of M&A.
Over the years, he has performed talent assessments of CEOs, presidents, and other executives across a wide spectrum of industries in many types of deals. He has a deep understanding of the pressures and conflicting demands executives encounter during mergers, knows the intense scrutiny they face from an array of stakeholders, and respects the risk/reward challenges they must navigate while continuing to deliver positive financial results.
Dr. Pritchett’s specialized work in mergers, leadership assessments, and culture has been referenced in most major business journals and newspapers. He also has been interviewed on CNN, CNBC, and other major television channels.
Particular achievements from Dr. Pritchett’s career include the following specifics:
· First consulting firm in the US to specialize in the human side of mergers and acquisitions
· Authored the first book on merger management—After the Merger: Managing the Shockwaves—named “One of the top ten business books of the year”
· Authored the all-time bestseller on M&A, The Employee Guide to Mergers and Acquistions
· Produced the #1 merger integration training program
· Sold more books on M&A than all other authors combined
· Recognized as one of the premier thought leaders on M&A integration, leadership asssessments, and corporate culture
· Developed first website dedicated to post-merger integration—MergerIntegration.com
Over 10 million of Price's books have been sold worldwide (in over a dozen languages). His best sellers on M&A integration include the following titles: