Hard Proof M&A Gets a Bum Rap
The conventional wisdom that most mergers fail is dead wrong.
In the webinar, M&A Gets a Bum Rap, Joe Aberger, EVP of PRITCHETT, LP, debunks the commonly held belief that M&A is a loser’s game. He exposes the many flaws in negatively skewed research and provides an accurate, objective view on the true performance of mergers.
M&A Gets a Bum Rap, reveals:
- How a minority of buyers generate the majority of M&A losses
- Who has created the myth that most mergers fail
- What five characteristics are shared by buyers that incur titanic post-merger losses
- When acquirers typically make the best and worst deals
- Why post-merger losses are often due to the very problems executives anticipated rather than the acquisitions themselves
- Why “glamour acquirers” tend to perform poorly after their deals
- How a merger can fail on paper, but not actually be a failure
- Why extreme positive or extreme negative M&A research results are not credible
- Why blanket assertions about M&A failure rates are not based on sound logic
- How the AOL/Time Warner merger, widely regarded as one of the worst mergers in history, actually benefited AOL shareholders
This concise webinar sorts fact from fiction and presents rock-solid evidence that will help executives make better M&A decisions.